“I give thanks to my God at every remembrance of you, praying always with joy in my every prayer for all of you, because of your partnership for the gospel from the first day until now. I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work in you will continue to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Gratitude filled the heart of Saint Paul – he “rejoiced always.”
• Gratitude comes from a heart that trusts. When I place my trust in another I come to realize that others can place their trust in me. When I place my trust in Jesus, my faith grows.
• Gratitude comes from a heart that gives. Giving expresses love of another. Giving expresses trust that “we won’t run out.” Giving conveys confidence in the Lord of all Giving.
• Gratitude comes from a heart that receives. This almost seems obvious … at least from a child’s perspective.
• Gratitude comes from a heart that reconciles.
• Gratitude comes from sharing a common vision – of loving God and our neighbor.
• Gratitude comes from knowing we do not go it alone. We serve and give of our time, talent and treasure, along side fellow sojourners.
As we celebrate our call to Christian Stewardship, may gratitude fill our hearts. Know of my gratitude for your response to the grace of God expressed in your partnership for the gospel. I invite you to give thanks for the blessings you have received and to make a response with your time, talent and treasure from a heart filled with gratitude. I gratefully remain with you
A Partner in the Gospel of Jesus Christ,
Father Kevin Finnegan