Opportunities to help those in need
On the first weekend of every month, you will find collection boxes in the narthex for St. Vincent dePaul, and a play pen for the Baby and Mommy project. Both organizations survive on donations, so please be generous!
St. Vincent de Paul
St. Vincent dePaul is an organization run 100% by volunteers. Its mission is to help anyone who is in need of food and clothing. St. Vincent's greatly appreciates monetary donations as well as donations of food, clothing, bedding (sheets and blankets, etc.) and kitchenware. Please make checks out to St. Vincent de Paul.
• In the dignity of the human person
• In the identification of Jesus with the poor
• In the preferential option for the poor
• That Jesus is the Evangelizer and Servant of the poor
• That growth in intimacy with Jesus is a lifelong process
• That poverty of spirit is the primary beatitude
• That our primary concern is charity and justice
• That prayer is essential: personal and communal
• In the virtue of humility: personal and corporate
• In the virtue of charity, inside and outside the Society
• In Divine Providence
• In Friendship
• In Community
• In Simplicity
For more information about St. Vincent de Paul, click here.
Baby and Mommy Project
The Baby and Mommy project helps babies and mommies through the Pregnancy Options LifeCare Center here in Faribault. On the first weekend of every month, you will notice a play pen in the back of church. Parishioners are asked to bring in new items and place them in the play pen, and they will be collected and brought to the Pregnancy Options Center.
In order to qualify to shop in our "gift store", mothers must participate in a free "Earn while you Learn" program, completing eduactional courses in topics such as nutrition during pregnancy, infant care, and numerous other subjects. Stop in at the Center to view the entire curriculum.
Much needed items include baby car seats, sleepers, formula, diapers, baby lotion, baby wash and baby wipes, and maternity clothes.
Thank you for your generous donation to LIFE!
For more information about Pregnancy Options, click here.